Sub Amp be installed to bose stereo step by step

Beginning…..

How to Install a Sub Amp to a Bose Stereo?Bose car audio systems often incorporate multiple speakers arrayed in various locations, designed to immerse the listener. Although Bose typically designs audio systems around the specific parameters of the vehicle's acoustics, you may want to add deeper bass capabilities to your system. Enterprising aftermarket accessory manufacturers make adapters, designed to integrate factory Bose systems and aftermarket subwoofers, allowing extra bass impact without permanently altering the vehicle.
Original stereo image

How to Install a Sub Amp to a Bose Stereo step by step
  • step 1. Ran the power wire for the amp through the firewall hole behind the glove box. Here’s a pic of the wire going through with a red arrow pointing at it(majority of the wire has a black plastic cover so it might not be as obvious).
  • step 2. Next I found a location for my ground (brown) wire right behind the back seats under the carpet.
  • step 3. Here’s a pic of my aftermarket amp. I’ll explain all the wires next.
  • step 4. Here’s a pic of the power wire (going into Remote), the lead wire (going into +12V) and the ground wire (GND). I’ll show later where the lead wire goes.
          *EDIT* If you read on to the second page of this thread, you'll see that someone noticed that the power wire and the lead wire were switched around. The power wire should be going to the +12v and the lead should be going to the Remote. It was weird how my sub and amp worked perfectly fine with the wires in either slot, but I changed them to the correct slots.
  • step 5. Here’s a pic of the speaker wires (Left and Right) that go to the back of the sub box.
  • step 6. Here’s a pic of the inputs. I believed I just used some spare speaker wire for this. I used some orange tape on both ends to distinguish which wires were which. These wires will go into the connectors that originally plugged into the back of the stock Bose sub. I’ll show pics of that next.
  • step 7. Here are 2 pics of those wires coming from the inputs on the aftermarket amp plugged into the green and red wires coming from the stock amp (these used to be plugged into the stock Bose sub). I had to put connector ends on the black speaker wires to connect to the green and red wires. For back reference, I originally had the orange tape on two black wires going to the red wires so I knew which wires were which.
  • step 8. Next, I took that lead wire (blue) coming from the aftermarket amp and tapped into the lead wire (orange) coming off the stock amp.
  • step 9. Lastly, I screwed the amp into the back of the seat, tucked all the wires away, and drove away thumpin’!!!
I adjusted the settings on my amp so that I could get the perfect balance of great bass at +5 on the headunit and the least amount of bass at -5.
Hope this helps anyone considering doing this. I think it sounds great. I’m sure it’s not the same as having a new headunit and speakers with a sub, but it’s pretty damn good!
Tips & Warnings
    Always make stereo system connections with the vehicle turned off to avoid short circuits.

You May Also Like
Created by:Oem car gps
Oemcargps.com,Offer Oem Fit Aftermarket Car GPS,Car DVD,Car Stereo  for All Car Make Wholesale.