Fish Tacos for Dinner Tonight!

Hi all - this evening as I pulled together dinner amidst up-coming test meltdowns, and desperate requests for dessert -- dinner will be ready in 10 minutes, jeezz! I was inspired to take a few pictures of my meal preparations to show how easy it is to make - even amongst chaos!I made fish tacos - and only one out of three children would eat it - but that is better than 0 for 3!

 I start with tilapa fillets. I broil them because it is really fast, but you could bake them too. Use a cookie sheet covered in tin foil. Oil the tin foil (it even rhymes!) with cooking spray or a drizzle of olive oil. Lay the fillets on top and drizzle on more oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin and paprika. Broil on high for 10-15 minutes. You can just pull it out and check by flaking with a fork.
This is what it should look like:



Then I made a quick radish salad with sliced radishes, salt and a squeeze of lime juice (lemon is fine too, you could probably use fresh orange juice if you wanted to!)






As I broil the fish and chop the radishes, I heat corn tortillas on the stove in a little pan, just about 1 minute each side, then place them in a tea towel to keep warm.





Then you put it all together! I also sliced some avocados and brought out the horseradish sauce because my husband puts that on everything I cook!




 

 
And since I was doing easy tonight I just cut up some veggies and fruit and slapped it on a plate for the kids!