Google Shopping arrives in Australia

It’s fair to say a growing number of Australians are turning to the web to shop. That’s why we’re delighted to announce that Google Shopping is now available in Australia.



Google Shopping is a product search engine that helps people discover product information online, compare prices and find a retailer from whom they can make a purchase.



Let’s say I was looking to buy a digital camera for my upcoming trip to Tasmania. I enter my search into google.com.au, as usual, and click the ‘Shopping’ tab on the left hand side, so I get a full page of product results relevant to my query.














I’d like to find a camera for under $250, so I select the price range from the filters on the left hand side so that I only see results that meet these criteria. Results are ranked according to relevance.






































To help me make a decision, Google also shows product reviews so I can see what other people thought of each camera before clicking through to a store to buy my chosen model.


To try out Google Shopping for yourself, visit google.com.au/shopping



If you’re a retailer, large or small, wishing to reach more customers in Australia, Google Shopping can make it easy for Web users to discover your products and bring traffic and sales to your site. Retailers can sign up to Google Shopping for free by submitting a catalogue of their products to the new Google Merchant Center, also launching today. To learn more, check out the this ‘Getting Started’ guide.



In conjunction with Google Shopping, retailers that choose to advertise their products can now do so through AdWords Product Extensions. Product Extensions use the product information submitted by the retailer and automatically displays this information within ads, where relevant. To learn more about Product extensions, click here.



Happy shopping!



Posted by Amy Gepfert, Program Manager, Google Shopping