Oil Change Coupons: Should I use an Oil Change Coupon?


Cool Car!
Just about every auto repair facility out there will put out an oil change coupon for people to get excited and use. Should I use an oil change coupon and what all will I get with it will be answered here? I will explain why you should or should not use those oil change coupons. First, before I get started let me say yes, you should get an oil change when you need one. Oil change coupons are designed to get your vehicle in the shop and try to get every penny from you that they can.

The normal price for a premium oil and oil filter change should cost around thirty to fifty bucks. No matter what auto shops will tell you they do make money putting out those oil change coupons! They just don’t make a lot. Let me explain here what I mean and will show their approximate costs:
Oil Filter-$1.50
4 Quarts of Oil-$.60 Per Quart of Oil Used
Labor-$5.00
Your oil change coupon says, “Oil Change and a FREE Maintenance Inspection.” The above costs show you what the auto repair shops actually pay for the oil change with your coupon. The auto shop will only make around $11.00. This does not make any sense paying his oil change guys $10.00 per hour so he has to instruct them to, “Sell Sell Sell” to make up for the loss of money here performing your oil change with a coupon. One answer to should I use a oil change coupon is yes, if you are ready for a very long wait time while they look for more stuff to charge you. They will also come to you with a maintenance checklist totaling a few hundred dollars. This is what you can and will expect using an oil change coupon.

High pressure sales tactics are not commonly used at your specialty oil change spots. Of course the cost for an oil change there is like I said above around thirty to fifty bucks. Another answer here would be Yes I want to use my oil change coupon and have a longer wait time and have these auto technicians use their high sales pitches on me. Some people would rather pay the higher price oil change which also includes the free maintenance just to get in and out of that place as soon as possible. I hope this short article will answer your question, “Should I use a oil change coupon?”

Diagnose Car Misfires