Beauty Buzz | Revlon Grow Luscious mascara

One of the most important parts of my beauty routine is mascara. Trust the pageant girl in me, I've tried them all. While my competition is gluing their eyelids shut trying to get false lashes on, I prefer a good 'ol eyelash curler and the perfect tube of mascara.

Lately I've been a devotee of Benefit BADGal Lash. At $19 it's not the cheapest mascara around, but it does just as good a job as the cult-followed DiorShow. I haven't found another formula that adds volume and length like BADgal-- until now.

The Test
Having run out of my bff BADgal, I made a run over to CVS and discovered Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara. Feeling adventurous, and intrugued by the claim that 96% of users saw longer lashes instantly, I decided to try it out.  

Ding! Ding! Ding!
Revlon finally has a hit mascara on their hands with Grow Luscious, it's nearly perfection. The big, thick brush is similar to BADgal & DiorShow's and gives you the same lush, long lashes for half the price! After three coats (with no clumps!), I had the look of falsies for less than $10.

Although most of a mascara's magic comes from inside the tube itself, how you apply it is almost as important. Make sure to wipe the excess mascara off the wand before swiping it across your lashes. A thin coat on the brush is all you need--  excess can cause clumping, and nobody wants spiderweb lashes. Next, coat your lashes from root to tip by wiggling the wand horizontally while you apply. You'll look silly doing it, but your fantastically flirty lashes will be way worth it!