Electric Fuel Pumps

Electric Fuel Pumps Continued………

I just saved $240 over this past snowy weekend using my own Blog here! That was cool! The tips on price markups came in handy. So actually I paid no parts markup. Also I received a couple estimates which were very far apart from each other. Because of major back problems and the recent snow storm we received here, I wasn’t about to crawl around in the ice and snow with the slush pulling off my gas tank to replace my fuel pump inside. Lol

What happened here was after I backed into a snow bank it some how knocked out my internal electric fuel pump. The first thing I did was to check the fuse and fuel pump relay. They seemed to be working. So I used my ole trusty friend the digital volt meter which you can find here on the swinging carousel by amazon.com. It’s a pretty simple test really! I put the positive end of the volt meter in the connection at the fuel pump and found I did have the required 5 volts to operate the pump. That’s a pretty quick test! Of course you also have to make sure your ground wire to the pump is good

I then called around and got a few estimates and asked their shop hourly rates. I informed them I know the part is around $299. One shop told me the parts and labor was going to be around $750 plus tax! This other shop was great! He let me bring in my own part and he just charged me 2.5 hours to pull the tank and replace my pump! So actually, more money was saved fixing my car.

Stock up on these Digital Testing supplies and you to can be saving hundreds if not thousands on your car repair. Happy Driving!