Enviromental Protection Agency

The web site I went to was http: //www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/warr95fs.txt  It says
federally required emission control warranties protect you, the
Vehicle owner, from the cost of repairs for certain emission related
failures that result from manufacturer defects in materials and
Workmanship or that causes your vehicle to exceed federal emission
Standards.

 I would go there and see if the emission part is covered first before you give the go ahead and fix the vehicle at your cost.

All these years as a auto-repair technician I was surprised to see this information, and to see how many parts are covered under this emissions warranty. I would have never known this information if it weren’t for the World Wide Web. These emission control parts are so expensive, please go ahead and check it out. That information should be kept along with your vehicle for future references.

I used to inform customers to check with the dealer or their extended warranty company to see if it was covered. So the next time that little light comes on that says Check engine or Service engine soon, have these documents ready. If a customer asked me if these were covered under the EPA’s emission warranty I would do my homework so that I don't get in trouble with the EPA.

This sight also informs you the process in filing a complaint if you are being sold a part that is covered under this warranty. Whether you were the first second or third owner, it didn't matter.