Domino: The Book of Decorating (GET IT NOW)

Last night I attended the book signing for the new Domino book, Domino: The Book of Decorating, at the Conran Shop on 59th street! I had the pleasure of meeting and briefly talking to editors, Dara Caponigro, Deborah Needleman, and Sara Ruffin Costello (and they all signed my book!). I think it's really amazing and inspirational that these three women are running this ultra successful magazine--an inspiration for any young person, especially a woman. It's classic but cutting edge and fun. I look forward to receiving the issue every month and I'm by accident subscribed to it until 2012! www.dominomag.com


Anyway, the book is amazing. Nothing like judging a book by its cover; look at it, its adorable! The book guides you through each room with floor plans, gorgeous pictures, furniture guides, and even helps with window treatment/ drapery styles. It's especially helpful for people just starting out such as myself. You can flip to a certain page and have your question answered (how high should I hang a light fixture over a kitchen table?) right away.

One of many helpful furniture guides.



You should def buy this book; I'm so happy that I've added it to my quickly growing library of design books. Also, I had never been to the Conran shop but I could literally spend hours there. For someone who loves shopping and then shopping for household items and organizational thing...this place is a dream. My friends should expect gifts for Christmas/ Hanukkah from there. Or the Domino book!


Alicia B.