{How To} Design a Flower Centerpiece in Oasis Wet Floral Foam

First things first: I want to start by saying that Floral foam is totally toxic and bad for the environment because it is petroleum based. It is carcinogenic and I do not suggest you arrange flowers in it on a regular basis. That being said, (once in a very rare blue moon) you may want to have a flower arrangement that is more sculptural and doesn’t move, fall apart, or change when you transport it from point A to point B. For instance: when you are in charge of not screwing up the flowers at your best friend’s wedding and you need to get them from your kitchen table into the car and all the way to the reception without having to redesign them upon arrival. I could tip this container upside down and the flowers would stay put. And if I used oasis tape to secure the foam in the container? Even more secure! Fort Knox.


It’s been quite some time since I worked with floral foam, (and I was in the mood to brush up on my flower design skills last weekend) so on Saturday I took step-by-step photos of how I arrange flowers in Oasis Wet Floral Foam. You’ll see (if you take a peek at my floral design tutorial) I am implementing the very same design elements as I do when I am arranging flowers in a glass container.