Summer Reads

 


There is something about summer that makes one long to sit on a beach and wile away the hours lost in a great book! If there is anyone out there who can actually do that :: fantastic!! For most of us we can snatch some book moments here and there - and I have a great list of fun summer reads for all types of readers!

* For pure bliss and laughter there is little better than Carl Hiaasen :: try Skinny Dip, Skin Tight or Strip Tease. He has 4 fantastic kids books and a brand new adult novel too. And Jennifer Weiner :: Good In Bed and Good Night Nobody both are laugh out-loud fun!

*Last summer I indulged in a reading a book that I remember as a favorite in 1977. I can still clearly see all the moms clutching a copy of The Thorn Birds poolside as I wandered around our neighborhood pool that summer!

*A couple of summers ago The Tale of Edgar Sawtelle came on the market and it was wonderful!!

*I read this a bit late :: Memoirs of a Geisha - but I loved it!!

*For those looking for a good historical novel - Wolf Hall and the subsequent Bringing Up The Bodies are very well written and fascinating! Nothing like reading about the 1530 from the safety of 2013!