Manic Monday Clown

It's Manic Monday again and aren't I in a fan-f-ing-tastic mood. LOL. I even picked "clown" as my inspirational word and STILL ended up grumping my free write. What can I say, the whole point of me doing this on Mondays is to help me move past my beginning-of-the-week-blues so here's my manic free write:

Sad Clown by James Cane

I listened for her laughter. None came. And I turned insane in the sad silence, wondering at the void my expectations created. I hated her a little for letting me down, for not being the clown I needed her to be. To set me free from the compact car ride, languishing on hot cowhide, crisping in the sun. I'm on the run from ruin of my own making and baking like bacon. This little piggy went, "waa, waa, waa," until all she could do was moan about a blown-down home and a girl who made her sorry.