Better Gas Mileage-Auto Repair Savings-Blog-Tune Up

Auto Repair Savings
How many articles have you read when it comes to getting better gas mileage for your car or truck so far this year? If your like me I’m getting tired of hearing the same old tips and advice on getting the best gas mileage for your cars and trucks. I have spent over 25 years specializing in engine performance helping my customers get their optimum performance out of their vehicles so they can get their best gas mileage possible. From tweaking out their computerized carburetors to replacing a worn out and stretched timing belt, my customers always got their gas mileage increase along with some lost power they thought they had lost forever. I showed them proof of increased gas mileage after I got through with my tune ups. Some of the things I showed them were a decrease in lost voltage on the oscilloscope and the 4 gas readings before and after the tune up. Here are a few more items they were shown and were very happy with:

1. Increased fuel pump pressure after changing out their old gas filters
2. Oxygen sensor voltage jumping around back and fourth like a Easter bunny on crack
3. Tons of carbon shooting out of their tail pipes after a good fuel injection cleaning
4. A very smooth idle as if they all were a Cadillac
5. Increased power by changing out their old sloppy and loose timing belts
6. Better gas mileage and optimum engine performance

Auto Car Timing Belt

Auto Repair Savings
I think that’s the problem with these so called auto technicians today, all they want to do is sell you parts that you don’t need and they do not take pride in their work. When ever I tuned up a car I always had a scanner hooked up to the cars computer system, the oscilloscope hooked up to their primary and secondary ignition wires and a four gas hanging out of the tail pipe making sure everything was synchronized and working before I let that car leave my bay. I also guaranteed them best and better gas mileage! The next time that you get a tune up on your car or truck see if they can perform all of this while you are watching them. I just bet they will tell you that you have to leave the shop area due to their insurance policy. I think the last time I checked, a tune up these days is just changing out your spark plugs. The rest is just an up sell for them. I hope that today’s tune ups in 2011 has improved so you can get your best gas mileage possible.