San Francisco



We had a lovely week in San Francisco, it is such a great city that has some similarities to Seattle (near where I grew up) that I really enjoy. We were there because my husband had a work conference which they also invited the spouses to attend. A little over a month ago my husband switched jobs and careers (right when we had the baby) and the exciting news is that we will be moving (probably twice) in the upcoming months to California -- they haven't let us know where yet, but I will keep you posted ... we are thrilled.



This time we hit some fantastic spots thanks to your great suggestions + other friend's reminders, thank you!

Here are a few of my favorites from this trip:

Tartine Bakery : I've long admired their self-titled book Tartine and was pretty excited to finally make it here, twice. It is where I picked up that yummy croissant above among other goodies.
Bi-Rite Market + Creamery : The market is a foodie's paradise, and the ice cream at the creamery is incredible, I tried the delicious salted caramel.
Pizzeria Delfina : Yummy pizza.
Out the Door : Thanks to Jordan I have found a new love for Vietnamese food -- this place rocks. I also picked up some take-out (for a night in, when the baby was fussy) at their other locations.
The Ferry Building : I don't know if a trip to San Francisco would quite be complete with out a trip or several trips to the remarkable Ferry Building -- I love this place.
Paxton's Gate: One of the most unique and interesting stores full of nature items.
Paxton's Gate Curiosities for Kids : Awesome Kid's Store.
826 Valencia: Pirate & Publishing store
Little Otsu : lots of creative and paper goodies
The Curiosity Shoppe: well curated selection of design, art & craft objects and more.

Below I compiled a google map of places I enjoy and spots I hope to hit in the future, you can check it out here. Of course I would love to hear more of your tips to add to the list -- what is missing?


View San Francisco by Black Eiffel in a larger map



Big cameras + newborns don't mix too well, so all of these shots are taken with my iphone:

(Top image taken outside of Bi-Rite Market -- this one I took a few days before that | Croissant from Tartine | Market Street | French Toast from Mamas | Us in front of the Golden Gate Bridge | A view from the Golden Gate Bridge | Treats at La Boulange | New Toms I picked up | Cool colorful striped pasta I spotted at the Ferry Building )