{365} A Drawing a Day...






This year, I wanted to make a resolution that was a bit different.  I still pledged to myself that I would work out more, get stressed less, and follow my budget...but more importantly I decided to do a drawing everyday. 

I miss drawing...a lot.  All through high school I had art first period every morning, it was such a fantastic way to start they day and I LOVED it.  In college of course being in Architecture School meant that I started out proving my drawing abilities, but things quickly moved to more technical drawing.  Now being an Architect is a continuation of that idea.  There is so little hand and creative drawing and designing that goes into my job unfortunately.  The drawing that I do is technical and precise and there is an emphasis on perfection. {Future Architects...take note.  They don't tell you things like this...but it is still a great job to have.}

So, I decided to do a little exercise.  One drawing a day.  Some take a few seconds, some an hour. 
The goals are trifold:
To draw...
To be inspired by all the little things..
To be ok with something that is imperfect... 

So, on the last Sunday of each month I plan on sharing a few of my favorite drawing from the month here.  All the drawings can be seen at my Flickr.