The Living Room Cure / The Great Sofa Search

Ok. It is seriously time to narrow things down. Yesterday was Bonus Day...Yeah! This week I have been back and forth trying to make decisions, but I keep changing my mind. I was thinking you guys could help...Although I have made it clear that I am looking for a new sofa, I am also in the market for a new coffee table, a rug, and an entertainment center. The sofa and table are my first priority, the other two will probably wait for now but I want to plan for them now.


I have narrowed the sofa search down to the Room and Board Jasper in Dela Charcoal and the Conran Shop 59th Street Sofa in Stowe Truffle. I had made the decision to get the Jasper, but the 59th Street is on sale 30% off...that is a lot. The Jasper is $1300 {w/o shipping} and will take 6 weeks to get. The 59th Street is $2080 {w/o shipping}, possibly less I am waiting to here from my new friend at the Conran Shop. It is available in a grey linen which is exactly what I wanted and can get here in 2 weeks. Now, there is still a decent price difference to consider. And we all know more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. What do you think?


Now on the coffee table, I am 90% sure I am going with a similar custom table from Room Service. All week I have been back and forth between it and Blu Dot's Strut Coffee Table. Here we are talking $700 vs. $400. Custom vs not {but still well designed}. Now here is where my dilemma comes in. I want to incorporate a wood element and a white lacquered element into the room in the coffee table and the entertainment center. I am highly considering MASH Studio's LAX entertainment shelf {below}. It has a white door, but the Strut only comes in Ivory {well and blue, green, and pink but I don't like those. If it came in yellow we wouldn't be having this conversation.} So, I am afraid the two won't look good together. I think I am going to go with the Room Service table.



The entertainment center is the part of the equation that I am having the hardest time with. I am looking for something 60"-70" long and around 24" tall, with some closed and some open storage, that looks modern and costs less than $1000. MASH Studio's LAX entertainment shelf fits the bill, but I am having a hard time finding other good options. How do you feel above the above mentioned coffee table with the LAX? Can anyone think of any other good options?