State of the Bathroom

Been a while since I've mentioned the bathroom, eh? Well the "improvements" have begun. Here is a preview.

IMG_0577

Notice the lovely framing on the wet wall. I think a team of monkeys with hammers could have done a better job. This means that I will have to rip out this wall, which is shared with my closet. Boo for having to move my threads!

During the demo we had a fun time that included throwing a sink out of a second story window as well as breaking the waterline heading to the toilet, resulting in water gushing through the pendant lights in the kitchen. Fun times.

    + + +

For bathroom vanities I found a couple I like better than ikea, and they are a good deal. I like Exhibit A & B, but they won't be available until mid-July. :-( That leaves exhibit C, which is looking swanky is available now and is similar in price to an ikea set-up. All sets include the vanity, mirror, shelves, countertops, sinks and even the faucets.

Exhibit A:

modern_vanity_n619m1

Exhibit B:

vanity2

Exhibit C:

vanity