MEDIA: Who Needs Knives and Spoons?

I don't know about you, but I've become accustomed to taking my media with me. Now, I haven't yet succumbed to the video iPod yet (that's more my teenage son's style), and when you have a beautiful 17" screen on your MacBook Pro, why not use it? However, that same machine also sucks battery life when you're playing a DVD. Sure, I could copy the files to my hard drive, but who has 4-8 GB handy for every movie they want to take with them?

To the rescue comes MediaFork, an offshoot of the likes of Handbrake for Mac/PC/Linux. It'll rip your legally owned DVDs to various resolutions (and yes, it'll work with your iPod). Thus, you'll save disk space, and power.

Now if I could only get a 200 GB flash RAM drive, I'd be saving battery life all over the place.

- Hutch

A special shout out to our friends at FreeMacWare.com for sharing the love on this one.