A hell of a designer. Damian Velasquez

From his site:
As a designer and craftsman, my approach is to build furniture that evokes inspiration in myself and others. I am intrigued with simple shapes and forms and manipulating both materials and space to create my designs.

I work mainly with metal and wood and find other materials to be intriguing. I fabricate each piece of furniture in my studio where I have the capabilities to weld, work with wood, paint, powder coat, and sandblast to execute my designs.

My predominant process and material is welded steel that evolved from my earlier years of being a silversmith. The processes are similar but are now on a larger scale.

As I look back on my sixteen years of building furniture I have only now realized that being able to switch between metal and wood and other materials is the very unique trait that sets my furniture apart from the ordinary. When I look at my current work I am inspired to keep exploring and creating simple yet functional furniture that continues to place an emphasis on design and quality blended with function.