FREEWARE: Another Seeming Oxymoron Bites the Dust--Mac Freeware DOES Exist

One of the few disappointments I ran into with my Mac was the seeming lack of freeware for it. Coming from the PC community, I was used to having lots of free stuff thrown my way. While you could spend time searching Version Tracker or MacUpdate, I've come upon the motherlode of Mac Freeware: FreeMacWare.com. Sure, you might find this stuff on the other services, and the overall organization is not what I prefer, but the content and descriptions are excellent. I've already overloaded my iBook with more stuff than I need, but at least I've got the opportunity to do a few things more cheaply than I previously thought possible in the Apple Zone.

If you're a PC user, you should still check this out--you might be surprised at what you find, perhaps you'll even be tempted to join the switcher/joiner ranks.

- Hutch